To accomplish their mission, the men and women of the 51st Fighter Wing work in one of four groups: the Operations Group, Mission Support Group, Maintenance Group, or Medical Group. Over 20 squadrons comprise the four groups which includes two fighter squadrons: the 25th Fighter Squadron (A-10s), known as the "Assam Draggins" and the 36th Fighter Squadron (F-16s) known as the "Fiends".
Read the full 51st Fighter Wing fact sheet here.
- - To build resiliency skills within the Osan Community.
- - To connect the Osan Community to helping agencies.
- Osan is an inherently stressful environment that challenges the resiliency of even the best prepared.
- Mustang University provides an incentive for Team Osan to engage and connect while building their resiliency skills.
- Mustang University was developed by the Community Action Team based upon a similar program used at Kunsan called Wolf Pack University.
- The MU curriculum is comprised of over 40 activities in a mix of formal classroom, web based materials, and experiential activities.
- Anyone in the Osan Community can access MU via a link on the Osan Home Page.
- Class advisers are Master Resiliency Trainers who encourage and mentor participants as they develop and implement their individualized study plans.
- Members earn credits by completing an activity and each is weighted based upon time and effort necessary to complete.
- There are three levels of achievement and incentives:
Bronze = 10 credits = Certificate
Silver = 20 credits = Certificate/Resiliency Coin
Gold = 30 credits = Certificate/Command Chief’s Coin
- Mustang University provides opportunities for Osan personnel to grow as individuals and to connect with the community.
Typhoon TCCOR Info
Osan Passport Office
Osan AB No Drone Zone Info
51st Fighter Wing Public Affairs
APO, AP, 96278-2067
Osan AB Operator
51st Fighter Wing Mission
Defend the base, execute contingency operations, and sustain the force. Our wing with its fighter squadrons and myriad of base support agencies conduct a full spectrum of missions that provide for the defense of the Republic of Korea. Every member of the Team Osan is vital in maintaining stability in Northeast Asia.
Air Force Social Media Guide (PDF)
USAF Social Media Sites