HomeNewsFeatures

Feature Search

  • National Parks of Korea: Seoraksan

    Editor's Note: This is the first article in a series highlighting national parks in the ROK.Earlier this month, I took the first step toward achieving one of my off-duty goals during my tour here: visiting all 20 National Parks of Korea.I decided to start at Seoraksan, having heard it was one of the most scenic parks in the country, especially
  • Protect your teeth

    It's September, and you know what that means.... FOOTBALL! Injury prevention is important if you participate in contact sports or other recreational activities. When it comes to protecting your teeth, a mouthguard is an essential piece of athletic gear. In fact, an athlete is 60 times more likely to suffer harm to his/her teeth when not wearing a
  • Stretching for maximum results

    One of the most important and crucial actions before working out is stretching. Health studies show that stretching can reduce stress levels which can contribute to a healthier life. There are various types of exercises which help you stretch out your muscles, circulate the blood throughout the body and ensure that flexibility can be achieved.Some
  • Knowing a commissary product’s origin is ‘COOL’

    Commissary customers who purchase fruits and vegetables, ginseng root, and nuts such as peanuts, pecans and macadamias can know the country of origin of these products thanks to a new policy implemented by the Defense Commissary Agency."At DeCA, we want our customers to know as much as possible about the source of the products they buy," said
  • Adventures in 'Space-A': the Patriot Express

    It was just before 6 a.m. June 8 when I arrived at the Osan passenger terminal to "try out" the Patriot Express during my mid-tour leave. I'd heard horror stories from servicemembers on their second or third tour here who had taken the "old" PE before service was halted in 2005 - tales detailing hours of "hurry up and wait," cramped seats and
  • Osan NCO to join Thunderbirds team

    The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds can be seen at air shows across the globe, performing precision aerial stunts and demonstrating the capabilities of the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Before any of them take to the air, a team of more than 130 enlisted Airmen in 25 different career fields ensure each of the six demonstration fighters are maintained and
  • Air Force Aid Society is here for you

    Air Force Aid is available to all Air Force members and their families. Every year the Air Force Aid Society updates and adapts their programs to serve the needs of the base and major command. While not all of the programs have changed, I would like to highlight the AFAS programs and services at Osan.Emergency Assistance and Falcon LoansThis
  • Demystifying mental health

    There are a lot of misconceptions regarding the Mental Health Clinic. Here are the three we hear most commonly:Myth #1: A visit to Mental Health will ruin my career.In reality, 95 percent of Mental Health visits result in zero impact on career, clearance, or weapons-bearing status. In the remaining 5 percent of cases, an individual has typically
  • Keeping Dr. Martin Luther King's dream alive

    On the night Martin Luther King Jr. was shot and killed, President Johnson addressed our nation with a heavy heart, "You can be filled with bitterness, with hatred, and a desire for revenge. We can move in that direction as a country, in great polarization or we can make an effort, as Martin Luther King did, to understand and to comprehend, and to
  • How to Save a Life -- Suicide Prevention

    The military community has always placed an emphasis on suicide prevention and, now more than ever, we need to pull our military family together to tackle a growing concern ... an increase in the number of Air Force members who take their own life. Since Oct. 1, there has been an increase in suicides among Airmen as compared to the same period
RSS