OSAN AIR BASE, Republic of Korea --
News Release No.: 10-09-02
Come see airpower at its finest when Osan Air Base hosts the 2010 Air Power Day Oct. 9-10, a free event open to the public.
The show will feature performances by the Black Eagles, the Republic of Korea Air Force's premier aerial demonstration team, and other aerial demonstrations featuring the A-10 Thunderbolt IIs, F-16 Fighting Falcons, TA-50, and a Combat Search and Rescue Mission from the 51st Fighter Wing and 2nd Combat Aviation Brigade.
There will also be aircraft on display from the Republic of Korea and the United States inventory, as well as displays of the U.S. Army Patriot Missile System and various Republic of Korea Air Force Air Defense Artillery Systems.
All attendees (pedestrian only) will enter Osan AB through the Doolittle Gate. The gate is open at 9 a.m., closes for entry at 3 p.m. and the air show will end at 5 p.m. Due to the lack of parking, attendees are advised to use public transportation. For on-base shuttle information, click here
For entry to the Air Power Day, no tickets are required, and each person must have one of the following:
· Korean Citizens age 17 and above are required to show their Korean Drivers License or their Korean Identification Card for entry to the Air Show.
· All school age children must carry student ID's if available
· Children without ID's must be accompanied by an adult with an ID card or a driver's license.
· Visitors who are not Korean, must bring their passport for entry into the air show.
· Visitors from the following countries are prohibited: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), Russian Federation, People's Republic of China and Iran.
Additionally, the following items cannot be brought onto the base: pets, skates/skateboards, bicycles, alcohol, weapons, backpacks, large purses, radios, coolers (hard or soft), and food. All bags/items will be searched. Patrons are subject to search at any time while on Osan Air Base. Additional restrictions may be in place on the day of the event.
The air show will be open free of charge as a thank you to all whose support is essential to Team Osan. Fun activities, delicious food and cultural displays are planned for those who attend.
For more information, visit http://www.osan.af.mil/library/2010airpowerday.asp
Media outlets interested in covering Air Power Day should contact the 51st FW Public Affairs Office at 031-661-0845 by Oct. 1. Also, any media outlet wishing to obtain video footage to help announce the air show, please contact Public Affairs.