An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

An F-16 Fighting Falcon assigned to the 36th Fighter Squadron takes off on a training mission during Exercise Beverly Herd 17-1 at Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea, Feb. 28, 2017. Beverly Herd provides ample training opportunities for Team Osan units to practice their ability to “Fight Tonight” in a realistic setting. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Victor J. Caputo)


Page updated: January 31, 2023

Emergencies in Transit

In the event of an emergency enroute, contact your sponsor or the military personnel office at the nearest military installation for help in notifying your gaining organization. If you do not know the extension number, you can contact your unit through the Osan base operator, DSN 315-784-1110 or by calling commercially to 011-82-31-661-1110. If you cannot reach your unit, please contact the base Military Personnel Flight's (MPF) Customer Service Section at DSN 315-784-1845. If upon your arrival, your sponsor fails to meet you, also call that number for assistance. If you arrive after duty hours, report to the billeting office, Bldg 771, DSN 315-784-1844. The billeting office is designated as the 24-hr arrival point and may assist you in contacting your sponsor.

If luggage is lost, you will need to file a claim before leaving airport. The airline will deliver it to the respective base. However, they will only deliver it to the gate. Member will have to ensure they have a contact phone number for the airlines to arrange an approximate time to meet at the gate for the exchange. 


Advance Postal Address

You can request an mailbox up to 90 days prior to your arrival. Send a copy of your orders to your sponsor or email to The Post Office will assign a mailbox number to your sponsor or respond to your email. The combination to your mailbox will be given after you arrive and inprocess with them. 

If you do not receive a post office box prior to arrival, you can forward your mail to general delivery. Send to the address below.


Squadron/Unit #


APO AP 96266


Pet Travel 

Effective 23 July 2021:  New Service Animal and Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Guidance (DoDI 4515.13, Air Transportation Eligbility): “ESAs are now considered ‘pets’”.  For more information, access the following:

AMC Pet Brochure 

OUSD Transportation of Service Animals on DoD Aircraft, 23 July 2021

DoDI 4515.13, Air Transportation Eligibility, defines ESAs as “pets”.  This change limits each family to two (2) pets, regardless of each pet’s ESA status.

Pets are dogs and cats only. Animals, such as horses, fish, birds, and rodents, ferrets, spiders, and other reptiles are excluded as pets under this authority because of their size, exotic nature, shipping restrictions, host nation restrictions, and special handling difficulties which pose unavoidable safety or public health concerns.

Service Animals will require a Statement of Assurance, and must be provided to the AMC Passenger Terminal no later than 48 hours prior to aircraft departure. You can access a template below:

Statement of Assurance Template

For more information in regards to AMC Travel, click HERE.


Pass and Registration

51 SFS Pass and Registration recently moved to an appointment system. To schedule an appointment scan the QR Code below or click on the link. Walk-ins are still available the first hour of the morning and the last hour of the day. Contact Pass and Registration office for more information.

Click HERE for appointments.


DoD Civilians and eligible family members on official travel must have a Special Issuance Passport (SIP) or, as a temporary measure, a memorandum from a DoD Passport Agent stating the SIP application was submitted prior to departure from the point of origin. The memorandum must identify each applicant, date of submission, country of travel for PCS/TDY/TAD and DoD VPAS ID. 

All Eligible Family Members must have a valid visa or an approved Korea - Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) prior to entering the country. For further details, see K_ETA information.

For members PCSing out of Osan to Japan or Germany, the MPF passport agent is providing the SIP memo when members apply for their no-fee passport.  Command sponsored dependents or DoD civilians who are already at Osan who do not have a no-fee passport, please apply for a no-fee passport now.

All applicants must be present at time of processing. 

All passport application forms must be completed via the “Passport Wizard” at, and printed singled sided.  

Do Not Use the PDF download forms and Do Not Sign the application form.

For DoD members already in Korea, submit all documents to the 51 FSS Passport Office or contact them for further information at:

DSN (315) 784-6719 

M-F: 0730-1530

Special Issuance Passport Checklist

Command Sponsorship

Selected for an unaccompanied assignment to Korea but want to bring your family? See below for information on the Air Force Command Sponsorship Program (CSP) in Korea.


1. How do I apply for CSP?

Priority 1 (Key Billets) CSP billets are assigned to certain pre-determined positions where the continued presence of an officer is determined to be absolutely essential (e.g., commanders). If your assignment is to a Key Billet position, work with your AFPC Assignment Officer/NCO to confirm your Key Billet position and location. Contact your CSP Area Manager to notify them of your selection to a Key Billet. You are still required to submit the application and obtain family member medical clearance.

Priority 2 CSP billets are designated for mission continuity requirements. Notify your sponsor that you plan to request command sponsorship. Your unit commander determines whether you will receive a P2 billet. Download the AF Korea CSP application and complete all required documents. Forward the application for review to the gaining location CSP Area Manager. The Area Manager will coordinate with your inbound commander to determine your eligibility. You will either receive a tentative offer for CSP or you will be considered for a P3 CSP billet.

Priority 3 CSP billets are distributed based on a variety of factors, but primarily mission readiness and unit continuity. Billets are awarded through a board process. Download the AF Korea CSP application and complete all required documents. Forward the application for review to the gaining location CSP Area Manager. Your application will meet the next projected CSP Allocation Board.

2. Can I apply for CSP after I’ve already arrived on station?

Yes. However, members will pay out of pocket for any expenses to bring family and accompanied household goods if approved for CSP after having already reported for duty in Korea.

3. Can I still apply for CSP if I have a follow-on/home-basing assignment?

Airmen who accept a follow-on/home-basing assignment before arriving in Korea or arrive with a follow-on assignment will not be considered for a CSP billet.

4. What are determining factors that make my application more competitive for the CSPAB?

P3 boards are very competitive and several factors are weighed in determining selection for a P3 CSP billet. The justification you provide in Block 12 of the CSP Application should be brief and pointed to communicate your situation in a few sentences to the board members. Describe why choosing you to be Command Sponsored will benefit mission readiness and unit continuity. Include any information that is not already addressed in the application including number and dates of previously unaccompanied short tours, recent deployments, unique family situations, etc. Justifications that refer to how spouses or children would enjoy Korea are not acceptable justifications for a P3 billet.

5. What does a tentative CSP offer mean?

A tentative offer means that your dependents will be command sponsored in Korea with the understanding that you must obtain travel and medical clearances for your dependents in a timely manner.

6. If I’m approved for CSP, do I have to live in base housing?

Only personnel assigned to Key Billets are required to reside on base. Personnel with Priority 2 and Priority 3 CSP billets will reside on base unless on-base housing reaches capacity.

7. How does my approval for CSP affect my eligibility for Korea Assignment Incentive Pay (KAIP)? Am I authorized KAIP while filling a CSP billet?

All command-sponsored Airmen will serve a 24-month tour. Airmen projected to a Key Billet must serve the 24-month tour regardless of accompanied status and are not eligible for KAIP. Military members who are projected or currently filling Priority 2 or Priority 3 CSP billets may apply for KAIP if they serve the 36-month accompanied tour.

8. Is CSP offered to Air Force members assigned to Area IV (Daegu)?

Yes, CSP is offered to Air Force members assigned to areas other than Area V (Osan). CSP guidance for all Air Force members is located on the 7 AF web page: (

9. Are there any limiting factors preventing more Airmen from coming to Korea on command sponsored tours?

Limiting factors vary by location. The primary limiting factors are infrastructure and support capabilities.

10. Is it true that officers get higher priority than enlisted for CSP?

No. Priority1 Key Billets are reserved for commanders and other positions where the continued presence of an officer is determined to be absolutely essential. Priority 2 and Priority 3 billets are open to all ranks.

11. If I am assigned to a different area, but all CSP billets are full, may I apply for an Area V P3 CSP billet?

No. You may only apply for CSP in the area where you are projected or currently assigned.

12. I heard there is a waiting list for P3 CSP?

There are no waiting lists for CSP. CSP managers will approve/deny based on availability and mission requirements.

13. Are Join Spouse assignments approved for Korea?

CSP for join spouse assignments is available at non-dependent-restricted locations. Only one member can apply for CSP per family at non-dependent-restricted locations. In most cases, the ranking member should submit the CSP application. When a member selected for assignment to Korea requests and receives CSP (or was selected to fill a key billet), the service member spouse has 10 duty days from the CSP approval notification date to request join spouse consideration (application available on vMPF) through the appropriate assignment officer/NCO. If a join spouse assignment is supported, both members will serve the same tour length.


  • Patriot Express Flights

    AMC SeaTac Gateway - SeaTac
    17801 International Blvd
    Seattle, WA 98158

    24 Hour Flight Recording
    (253) 982-0555
    DSN: 382-0555

    Service Counter
    (253) 982-3504
    DSN: 382-3504
    Fax: (253) 982-3243
    DSN Fax: 382-3243

    Hours of operation: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, and evenings on nights of departures.

    AMC Gram (Additional Information/Contacts)

  • Osan Schools

    Osan Air Base School Registration

    Osan Air Base is home to Osan American Elementary School and Osan Middle High School. If you are PCSing to Osan and bringing your family, make sure to register your child for school before you arrive.

    Osan American Elementary School 

    Osan American Middle High School

    Find more information about schools, registration, virtual learning, and off-base school options here:

    Child and Youth Education Services

  • USFK Driver's License

    All USFK personnel are required to complete training in order to obtain a USFK driver's license.